1. As your employer, Optimum needs to keep and process information about you for normal employment purposes. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, whilst you are working for us, at the time when your employment ends and after you have left us. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
2. As a company pursuing facilities management activities, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example administrative purposes or reporting potential illegalities. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
3. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, but some may come from other internal sources, such as your manager, or in some cases, external sources, such as referees.
4. The type of information we hold includes your personal details form, medical questionnaire and references, your contract of employment and any variations to it; correspondence with or about you, for example letters to you about a pay review or, at your request a letter to your mortgage lender confirming your salary; information needed for payroll, benefits and expenses purposes; contact and emergency contact details; ELI (employment liability information), records of holiday, sickness and other authorised and unauthorised absence; information required for equal opportunities monitoring and records relating to your career history, such as training records, performance reviews, other performance measures and, where appropriate, disciplinary and grievance records.
5. You will of course, inevitably be referred to in many company documents and records that are produced by you and your colleagues in the course of carrying out your duties and the business of the company. You should refer to the Data Protection Policy which is available in the Employment Handbook and located on Opt-Mis.
6. Where necessary we may keep information relating to your health, which could include reasons for absence and GP reports and notes. This information will be used in order to comply with our health and safety and duty of care obligations – to consider how your health affects your ability to perform your role and whether any reasonable adjustments to your role may be appropriate. We also need this data to administer and manage statutory and company sick pay and where applicable, private medical insurance, critical health insurance and life insurance policies.
7. Where we process special anonymised categories of information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, biometric data or sexual orientation, we will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless this is not required by law or the information is required to protect your health and safety in an emergency. Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
8. In addition, we monitor computer, phone and mobile phone use, as detailed in our Employment Handbook and located on Opti-Mis. In some locations we also keep records of your hours of attendance captured by clocking in and out systems.
9. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we may need to pass on certain information to the pension and health scheme and other benefit providers.
10. In the fullness of time we may have cause to transfer information about you to other group companies for purposes connected with your employment or the management of the company’s business.
11. We do not use automated decision making (including profiling).
12. Your personal data will be stored for a period of 6 years. If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
13. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances he right to data portability.
14. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
15. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
16. Optimum Group Services plc is the Controller and Processor of data for the purposes of the DPA18 and GDPR.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
Name: Amanda Sadler, People Team Director, Data Protection Officer
Or you can write to the following using the address of:
Optimum Group Services plc, Jebsen House, 53-61 High Street, Ruislip, Middlesex, HA4 7BD
© Copyright Optimum Group Services 2021. Website by Zest The Agency.